Life tips by Dr. Aparna B.A.M.S, M.D, Ph.D.
Copper is an essential trace mineral that is vital to human health. It has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps neutralize toxins. Our bodies cannot synthesize copper, so you need to get it from dietary sources.
According to Ayurveda, drinking copper-enriched water in the morning on an empty stomach helps balance all three Doshas—Kapha, Vata and Pitta—which then ensures the proper functioning of different organs and several metabolic processes. So keep 2-3 glasses of water in a copper vessel overnight, and drink it in the morning. Do not overdo the process, 2-3 glasses of copper-enriched water is quite enough for a day!
When water is stored in a copper vessel, the copper gently leaches into the water providing it with all its positive properties. And, this water does not become stale and can be kept for longer periods.
- Copper is known to be oligodynamic—the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria—, and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against E.coli and S.aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and are known to cause severe illnesses in the human body.
- Copper helps cleanse and detox your stomach to ensure proper elimination of waste and harmful products. It also regulates liver and kidney functions and ensures the absorption of nutrients from food.
- Copper promotes the breakdown and elimination of fat cells.
Authentic Panchakarma in Bali
An Ayurveda Panchakarma is a detoxing program with long-lasting health benefits. Oneworld Ayurveda is dedicated to authentic Panchakarma, run by Ayurvedic doctors from India and professional and caring team.
- Copper helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate as well as lowers bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Copper is the main component in the production of melanin that defines the color of your eyes, hair, and skin. Melanin also helps keep the skin safe from sun damage, speeds up wound healing and covers up scars.
- Copper aids the body’s absorption of iron, which plays a key role in fighting anemia.
- Copper also helps produce new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
- Copper has very strong antioxidant properties that help fight off free radicals and negate their ill-effects—one of the main reasons for the development of cancer.
- Copper is known to be a brain stimulant and have anti-convulsive properties.
- Copper regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, helping to mitigate arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Aparna K. BAMS, MD, PhD
Consultant advisor for development of Oneworld Ayurveda and visiting physician
Aparna is one of the few specialists in the world with a PhD in Ayurveda. Born into an Ayurvedic family which operates a traditional Ayurvedic Panchakarma hospital in Kerala, India, she grew up observing her father, the renowned Dr. Padmanabhan Read more »
Tags : ayurveda, ayurveda centre in bali, ayurveda detox, ayurveda drinking from copper, ayurveda drinking tips, ayurveda in bali, ayurveda panchakarma bali, Ayurvedic tips, copper vessel ayurveda, health, health benefits of copper cups, oneworld ayurveda, water in copper cups, wellness