A daily routine is absolutely necessary to bring radical change in body, mind, and consciousness as routine helps to establish balance in one’s constitution. It also regularizes a person’s biological clock, aids digestion, absorption and assimilation, and generates self-esteem, discipline, peace, happiness, and longevity.
1. Arise early in the morning, preferably before sunrise. The mind will be peaceful, alert and the senses fresh.
2. Clean the face, mouth and eyes – splash water, massage the eye lids, blink the eyes and rotate them for few moments.
3. Brush your teeth with natural tooth powder or paste.
4. Clean the tongue with a thin 10 finger long spatula made of silver, copper or coconut leaf. This stimulates internal organs, helps digestion and removes dead bacteria.
5. Hold oil (sesame or coconut) in your mouth, swish it around and then spit it out and gently massage gums with your fingers. This strengthens the theeth, gum and jaw and removes wrinkles from cheeks.
6. Apply herbal collyrium in both eyes.
7. Administer medicated oil through the nostrils, 2 drops in each nostril. This helps with lubrication, cleansing and enhancing mental clarity and improves vision.
8. Burning herbal medicines and inhaling the fumes helps to treat and prevent the onset of diseases in the parts above the shoulders.
9. Drink a glass of room temperature water – it flushes out and activates the system.
10. Gently massage the body, especially head, ears and feet with oil. This prevents baldness, greying of hair and can induce sound sleep and keep the skin soft, supple and wrinkle free.
11. Regular exercise like yoga improves circulation and strength, helps to have sound sleep and improves digestion and elimination. Always do yoga or exercise on empty stomach, light snacks are fine.
12. Pranayama – After exercise, sit quietly and do some deep breathing exercises for about ten minutes.
13. Meditate morning and evening for at least 15 minutes. Meditation brings balance and peace into your life.
14. Take a bath with lukewarm water, cleansing yourself of sweat, dirt and fatigue, bringing energy to the body and clarity of mind. No hot water on head, no bath soon after food (wait for 1- 2 hours ).
15. Food – one of the basic needs of human beings.
Breakfast – Eat a small amount, but make it big enough to get you through to lunch without needing a snack. Quantity may vary according to body type.