Some Ayurvedic tips for you to take on when summer comes.
- Drink plenty of fresh sweet fruit juices, cold milk, coconut water and sugar cane juice.
- Avoid ice chilled and aerated beverages as well as coffee, tea and alcohol.
- Drink 2-3 litres of water everyday. Make it better by squeezing a piece of lemon and a pinch of salt.
- Consume more sweet, bitter and astringent tastes.
- Consume less sour, salty and pungent tastes.
- Put cooling spices such as mint, coriander, fennel, anise and cardamom in your cooking.
- Avoid onions, garlic and other spicy food that will only add fuel to the fire.
- Lighter and cooling yoga poses and breathing exercises are advised to check the body heat.
- Indulge in water sports, evening strolls and moonlight walks.
- Stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day.
- Wear loose, fitting clothing that is made of natural fibers such as cotton and linen as they have a cooling effect property.
- Indulge in a cooling face or body mask with cucumber, avocado, banana and honey.
Tags : ayurveda, health, summer, tips, wellness